- Finally learned how to "put up" food thanks to Leni Sorensen's class. Successfully put up 4 jars of tomatoes, and 8 jars of hot peppers. Could feel my grandmothers smiling down at me. Sure hope more classes of Leni's are in my future.
- Besides Leni, met some incredible "food people" for the first time, including Mollie Cox Bryan, Brian Geiger, the Mas to Millers team, and Rowena Morrel.
- Got to whet my appetite in the art of food critique by acting as a judge for the Best Barbecue at the Main Street Festival, and the Cville Pie Fest. YUM!
- Cooked *WAY* more than I ever have because I needed to for the blog. It was a real boot in the ass that I needed to move forward. Quit worrying if it will turn out, and JUST COOK.
- Finally learned to make bread. And pho. And pie. And green tomato pickles.
- I grew Swiss Chard for the first time. Turned out so well I'm going to plant Kale, Turnip Greens, AND Swiss Chard next year.
- Went to a gorgeous beer dinner at Horse and Hound Gastropub.
- Learned a bunch of new food photography skills, which is still an alien species to me.
- Had one helluva truffle lunch at Palladio.
- Ate Thomas Keller's signature chicken 'n waffles at Bouchon Bistro. Hint - he puts bacon in the waffle batter. *drool*
- Discovered Craig Hartman's pork belly barbecue *double drool*
- Had the best pizza of my LIFE at Nino's in Brooklyn, NY.
- Had some incredible meals at Zinc, Tavola, Brookville, Zynodoa, Ten, Camino, and Cassis (we still miss you!)